Capabilities > Core Services > Natural Language Processing >
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Every member of Whirldata’s NLP development/testing team is very curious, possess
an outstanding sense of humour, possess the inherent ability to share knowledge
on a sustained basis and of course technically sound.
NLP is the application of AI to understand human language as its spoken/written. Historically humans have interacted with computers using “languages” that computers can understand. These languages are highly structured, precise and devoid of ambiguity. While computers using such languages have brought about tremendous social and economical benefits, as we are seeing all around us, use of computers have always been limited when it came to applications that required understanding of written and spoken human language as its normally done between two humans.
- How would it be if a computer can understand your mood from your tone and sentence construction?
- How would it be if you could automate your entire customer service/support mechanism (which are anyways being done) and do so with emotions (sympathy, empathy and concesrn)?
- How would it be if you could have documents sent to you automatically processed and just the “intent” conveyed to you? Imagine the reduction in the number of legal and contractual documents that you have to read as part of your work life?
- How would it be if while you were in the midst of your household chores, talk to an “agent” that can help you plan a holiday like a expert and have your tickets booked?
- Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK): The comprehensive toolset for the entire range of NLP needs.
- Pattern – Set of web mining tools for NLP
- TextBlob – NLP API built on Pattern & NLTK .
- Scikit-learn: Machine learning libraries Python
- spaCy – NLP with Python & Cython.
- Stanford Core NLP
- Gensim – Vector space and topic modeling toolkit
- LP / IR like OpenNLP, SOLR, CoreNLP
- Big Data platforms like Hadoop/Mahout, Spark/MLlib
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)